Moving from FCP to CS6

It´s with sadness I moving from FCP to Premiere CS6.. I´ve been a hardcore FCP fan since I switched from Avid 7 years ago and before that I accualy used Premiere for a number of years so.. well I might just be coming home I guess.. think I was using version 5 or so back then... ;)



FCP has given me so much over the last years and I´ve also put alot of time into FPC, beeing both certified trainer from Apple in FCP, certified user in FCP and certified Pro in Final Cut Server...

However with FCPX Apple gave me the finger and after almost 2 years of waiting to get it updated to a software that I can accualy use with accuracy I´ve done my first step into the migration into Premiere.

I´ve was called in to do a shot for a short segment for The New York Times last Friday from the new Clarion flagship Hotel here in Gothenburg. The shot was unfortunally a total disaster due to a large amount of  factors but we had a great time and during the shoot atleast so I feel both me and the hotel was pritty happy anyway.

I decided to check out Premiere since the shot was only to become "some trashclips" anyway and the new CS6 realy impressed me (I´ve tried CS 5.5 when it came out and that was a toy system in my eyes..).

If you like to see the short segment (no sync to sound or anything, just a basic test of Premiere for my own peace of mind..) you can check it out below.

Post_draft_NYT from SkullFilms Productions on Vimeo.