Testshooting the X-E1 with 35mm F1.4R

Got my new companion this week so I just had to do a quick testshot.

The camera is just awesome and the lens is a killer, all the reviews I read had complains on the autofocus in dark environments and my "studio" in the attic really gave it a go.

All shot freehand in 1.4 so focus is +/- 1 cm of on some of the pictures but I guess you dont really see that if you dont have the full blown files.

Lightroom has been used for cropping and helping out with mimicking the setting in the camera since development settings are not supported by Lightroom 4.3

In short, I just love this camera and I´ll would use it over my Canon DSLR or the Lumix anyday but there are some shortcomings, speed of AF in low light is just a mess and usually you would wind up aiming for the shirt or the hairline to find focus and then move into the right framing.

(Guess some lights and more prepp in the studio would help alot)

So to the pictures. ISO between 400-1600 (most of the are at 800)

Erik and Andreas







Self portrait