Old hobbies comes into play

So back in 1999 I got my skydive license. I didn't do that many jumps back then due to both financial situation, the fact that.. hey I didn't even have a car and also.. snowboard and parties took up most of my time ;)

But I manage to jump for a couple of years before I sold my gear and moved abroad (I actually sold my dirtbike at the same time....)

But the decision to sell my skydive gear has always been in the back of my head, whenever I started stabilizing my life I would begin again.. and I guess that time has come finally. Got into skydiving again this summer, somewhat 10 years after I sold my gear and now I just cant understand my decision back then..

Myself during my student days back in 1999. Percy, cool as always on the left.


I've got my license back in July and have manage to get a few jumps done even with my new job and it feels just awesome! The rules has not change, so still you have to have a fairly high number of jumps before I can bring the camera along.. but.. next summer maybe.. I just put down the payment for a new rig and I'll fly down to South Africa this winter to pic it up and do a jumping vacation =)

Until the time when I can shoot my own videos in the air, I try to find influence from the once that can. This is a great example of someone how can film in the air and isn't just falling with a GoPro on their head ;) I'll surely post more videos on the subject in my wait for my own gear...

SKYDIVE DUBAI 2012 from Skydive Dubai on Vimeo.

Closing words would be.. dreams do come true.. My dream back in -99 was to drive a Harley to the field and jump from the plane.. The Harley is in the garage and for the first jump I did on my own this summer I rode the bike to the field, fu-k yeah!